A security-enabled local group was created
On this page
The user in Subject: created a Security Local group identified in New Group.
This event is logged on domain controllers for Active Directory domain local groups and member computer for local SAM groups. You can determine if the group is a domain or SAM group by comparing Group Domain: to the Computer: name. If they match you have a SAM group, if they differ you have a domain group.
In Active Directory Users and Computers "Security Enabled" groups are simply referred to as Security groups. AD has 2 types of groups: Security and Distribution. Distribution (security disabled) groups are for distribution lists in Exchange and cannot be assigned permissions or rights. Security (security enabled) groups can be used for permissions, rights and as distribution lists.
A domain local group means the group can only be granted access to objects within its domain but can have members from any trusted domain.
All groups are security groups in the computer's SAM. Local SAM groups can be granted access to objects on the local computer only but may have members from the local SAM and any trusted domain.
The user and logon session that performed the action.
- Security ID: The SID of the account.
- Account Name: The account logon name.
- Account Domain: The domain or - in the case of local accounts - computer name.
- Logon ID is a semi-unique (unique between reboots) number that identifies the logon session. Logon ID allows you to correlate backwards to the logon event (4624) as well as with other events logged during the same logon session.
- Security ID: The SID of the affected group
- Group Name: Name of affected group
- Group Domain: Domain of affected group
- SAM Account Name: Pre-win2k name of affected group
- SID History: used when migrating legacy NT domains or merging domains
Top 10 Windows Security Events to Monitor
A security-enabled local group was created.
Security ID: WIN-R9H529RIO4Y\Administrator
Account Name: Administrator
Account Domain: WIN-R9H529RIO4Y
Logon ID: 0x1fd23
Security ID: S-1-5-21-3108364787-189202583-342365621-1001
Group Name: SalesReps
Group Domain: WIN-R9H529RIO4Y
SAM Account Name: SalesReps
SID History: -
Keep me up-to-date on the Windows Security Log.
*We will NOT share this