SharePoint Audit Policy:
These audit flags correspond to the "Moving or copying items to another location in the site" check box
"Site collection audit settings"
page in Site Collection Administration.
These flags track the copying or movement of SharePoint objects within SharePoint
under some situations, but not all: Examples:
- Using the Send To option in a library to copy a document to a different library
- In our experience this generated an "Object copied" event.
- Dragging a document between two libraries open in Explorer view (resulting in a move)
- In our testing this generated a "Child object moved" event.
- Ctrl-Dragging (Control key pressed while dragging) a document between two libraries
open in Explorer view (resulting in a copy) - In our testing this generated none
of the events listed here but did generate View events on the document in its source
location and update events on the target copy.
- Copying or moving objects via Site Administration \ Content and Structure - No copy
or move events were generated but this did generate View events on the document
in its source location and update events on the target copy. Also, the actions are
recorded in the Content and Structure Logs under Site Administration; this log is
not part of SharePoint auditing and not processed by LOGbinder SP.