A security-disabled global group was deleted
On this page
The user in Subject: deleted the Global Distribution group identified in Deleted Group.
This event is only logged on domain controllers.
In Active Directory Users and Computers "Security Disabled" groups are referred to as Distribution groups. AD has 2 types of groups: Security and Distribution. Distribution (security disabled) groups are for distribution lists in Exchange and cannot be assigned permissions or rights. Security (security enabled) groups can be used for permissions, rights and as distribution lists.
A global group can only have members from its own domain.
The user and logon session that performed the action.
- Security ID: The SID of the account.
- Account Name: The account logon name.
- Account Domain: The domain or - in the case of local accounts - computer name.
- Logon ID is a semi-unique (unique between reboots) number that identifies the logon session. Logon ID allows you to correlate backwards to the logon event (4624) as well as with other events logged during the same logon session.
- Security ID: The SID of the affected group
- Group Name: Name of affected group
- Group Domain: Domain of affected group
Top 10 Windows Security Events to Monitor
A security-disabled global group was deleted.
Security ID: ACME\Administrator
Account Name: Administrator
Account Domain: ACME
Logon ID: 0x27a79
Security ID: S-1-5-21-3108364787-189202583-342365621-1108
Group Name: Historical Figures
Group Domain: ACME
Keep me up-to-date on the Windows Security Log.
*We will NOT share this