Randy's Blog on Infosec and Other Stuff
SolarWinds Log & Even... |
New Security Log and Audi... »
Wed, 13 Jun 2012 16:38:43 GMT
I know from the emails I receive and site stats that
hundreds of thousands of people over the years have made use of the information
at UltimateWindowsSecurity.com. I’m
excited to announce that we have made some major updates.
1. I’ve added all of the event ID’s for both
SharePoint audit logging and SQL Server 2008’s totally new audit log in to my Security Log Encyclopedia.
2. I’ve added two new sections to
the site itself: SharePoint and SQL Server audit logging.
SharePoint Audit Logging
With SharePoint being used these days to store
more and more sensitive data, it’s imperative that you control and know who is
accessing what. In this new area, I
· How to enable and control SharePoint
Audit Logging for end-users and admins
· How the SharePoint audit log is
· Explain the SharePoint audit
· How to get reporting and alerting from the SharePoint audit log
· How to get your SharePoint audit log
in to a SIEM solution
· Introduce you to LOGbinder SP and how it fills
the gaps in SharePoint audit logging
SQL Server Audit Logging
Server 2008 introduced a totally new audit logging facility which is critical to enterprises storing sensitive information
and/or processing important transactions in today’s demanding compliance
new SQL Server section at UltimateWindowsSecurity.com I explore:
· The SQL Server audit policy
through the granules of SQL Server auditing and break down Server and Database audit
· Deep dive in to each audit action group, what it does,
and each event ID it contains
you with access to my free “Audit Policy Wizard”
any of the links above or visit UltimateWindowsSecurity.com for more information.
Understanding the Difference between “Account Logon” and “Logon/Logoff” Events in the Windows Security Log
Virtualization Security: What Are the Real World Risks?
SolarWinds Log & Event Manager Includes My Favorite Feature in a SIEM…
Automating Review and Response to Security Events
powered by Bloget™